Monday, July 19, 2010

FO2010 course commences

Here I am blogging on Day 2 of the course because yesterday morn was spent sorting out my blog. There are many 'ideas' running through my head at the moment which I think I will have to control/manage by using the old fashioned method of putting pen to paper and see where they lead (if anywhere).
I am working my way through the growing list of participants to view their blogs and gain an understanding of their perspectives (industries, experience & goals) coming into this course. I won't have enough time each day to read everyones blog updates so I have selected some to follow that I believe have similar perspectives to me. The thought of being a facilitator & having to check everyones blog updates regularly in a course this size reminds me how I need to work on my time management skills (different time management skills to the juggling act that is being a full-time mother).
I want to learn to facilitate an introduction to online facilitation for F2F facilitators who I work with (when I return to work from mat leave early next year).
I also want to consider which components of our induction program could be modified to facilitate online (blended).
In terms of oniine facilitation I am currently completing the FO2010 course to gain skills as an online facilitator and build a network of colleagues. I am also continuing my online research to identify current trends in online facilitation particularly re:technologies.
I would like to develop my skills using the relevant technologies - keeping up with all communications and facilitate using Elluminate. I would also like to build and maintain a network of colleagues within the field of online faicilitation.
To achieve these goals I need to apply myself to completion of this course.
I am going to post this blog before I press something and lose the last 30 mins work.

5 comments:

  1. The thought of keeping up to date with everyones blogs is big, Even the thought of putting them all into my rss feeder is too much but I look forward to getting the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you Kim! Looking forward to meeting you online...
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about time management as well, but then I decided, why worry? Just dive in and have fun, and learn what you can. If your not learning and/or having fun, you should be doing something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,
    I think you're selling yourself short. Time Management as practised by working (or studying) mothers must surely be, by definition, exemplary!
    Cheers,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took part in the 'Connectivism' course 2 years ago with 2,000 participants. Suffice to say, I followed a few blogs and had some very wonderful deep conversations. As you say, there's no way you'll be able to follow all.

    The other thing I would say is...also follow people who have completely different perspectives and experiences. You learn just as much from 'differences' as you do from 'sameness' :)

    ReplyDelete